martes, 24 de julio de 2012

2.1.3. Estructura vista en semestre anterior.

PRESENT PERFECT + ever, never, already, yet. The adverbs ever and never express the idea of an unidentified time before now e.g. Have you ever visited Berlin? 'Ever' is used • In questions. e.g. Have you ever been to England? Has she ever met the Prime Minister? • In negative questions e.g. Haven't they everbeen to Europe? Haven't you ever eaten Chinese food? • And in negative statements using the pattern nothing.......ever, nobody.......ever e.g. Nobody has ever said that to me before. Nothing like this has ever happened to us. • 'Ever' is also used with 'The first time.... e.g. It's the first time (that) I've ever eaten snails. This is the first time I've ever been to England. 'Never' means at no time before now, and is the same as not..... ever: • I have never visited Berlin BE CAREFUL! You must not use never and not together: • I haven't never been to Italy. • I have never been to Italy. Position 'Ever' and 'never' are always placed before the main verb (past participle). Already and yet Already Refers to an action that has happened at an unspecified time before now. It suggests that there is no need for repetition, e.g. a. I've already drunk three coffees this morning. (and you're offering me another one!) b. Don't write to John, I've already done it. It is also used in questions: • Have you already written to John? • Has she finished her homework already? Position Already can be placed before the main verb (past participle) or at the end of the sentence: • I have already been to Tokyo. • I have been to Tokyo already. Yet Is used in negative statements and questions, to mean (not) in the period of time between before now and now, (not) up to and including the present. e.g. • Have you met Judy yet? • I haven't visited the Tate Gallery yet. • Has he arrived yet? • They haven't eaten yet. Position Yet is usually placed at the end of the sentence. Present Perfect Tense - For and Since We use Present Perfect tense to talk about action which started in the past and continues up to the present. Examples I have had this computer for about a year. How long have you been at this school? I haven't seen Julia since September. Tip! For other uses of the Present Perfect tense, see the Present Perfect Tense - When To Use. We use for with a period of time, for example: a few days, half an hour, two years. We use since with the time when the action started, for example: last year, June 8, I met you.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario